Your hands, despite being exposed to sunlight and environmental pollutants more often than other body parts, are often the least cared for part of our skin. It’s because of this that the skin on the hands tends to dry out and seems to age faster than the skin in other areas of the body. In order to care for your hands and undo some of the damage, it’s essential to treat them to the best hand lotions you can find.
Hand Lotion FAQ
What Is Hand Lotion?
A hand lotion, often also referred to as a hand cream, is a cosmetic that is applied on the hands to help them feel smoother and softer. Most hand lotions used to include synthetic ingredients, buth in recent years the number of organic hand lotions has been steadily on the rise. The best hand lotions include ingredients like vitamin A and vitamin E, both of which help soften the skin and minimize the signs of aging.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Hand Lotion?
There are several advantages that come with using hand lotions. In fact, some of the best hand lotions offer several benefits like moisturizing the skin, preventing dryness and damage, and rejuvenating the skin cells. The best hand lotions also go a bit further and offer sun protection and are infused with herbs that can aid in pain relief and muscle soreness. All in all, hand lotions contribute to the overall health of the skin on the hands.
What Are the Factors to Consider before Choosing the Best Hand Lotion?
As with all skin-related products, one of the first things you’ll want to consider is whether the hand lotion in question is suitable for your skin type. It’s also advisable to read the label and ensure that the lotion doesn’t contain any ingredients you may be allergic to. Another important factor to think of when you’re looking for the best hand lotion is the inclusion of other properties you might want, like sun protection. Lastly, you may also want to ensure that the lotion falls within the budget you set aside for it.
Where Can You Buy the Best Hand Lotion?
The best hand lotions can be purchased via online marketplaces like Amazon, Target, or Walmart. The websites of brands and manufacturers may also sell hand lotions. Alternatively, if you’d like to see a product before you buy it, you can always head out to a local supermarket or a retail store that stocks the best hand lotions.
How We Reviewed
In order to ensure that you get to make an informed decision, we searched through several websites and user reviews to pick out the ten best hand lotions from among a multitude of options. Once we zeroed in on the top ten, we reviewed them by taking into consideration several parameters, like their primary features, their pros and cons, and their price range.
Overall Price Range of Hand Lotions
The overall price range of the best hand lotions tends to vary greatly, depending on the brand, the quantity of lotion present in a pack, and the flavor of the cream. However, on an average, the price range is from around $10 to $15 for a 3-ounce pack. Of course, you can get more affordable options that cost as low as $5. These creams may be good, but they may not offer long-lasting results. On the other hand, you can also find pricier hand lotions that cost around $20 for 3 ounces. These creams may be gentler on your skin and may offer more evident results.
- O'Keeffe's Working Hands Hand Cream is a concentrated hand cream that heals, relieves and repairs extremely dry, cracked...
- Creates a protective layer on the skin's surface that instantly boosts moisture levels and helps prevent further...
- Makes a difference you will feel within days
With a formulation that heals and relieves dry and cracked hands, this hand cream from O’Keeffe’s is also safe for people with diabetes. It moisturizes the skin and forms a protective layer over it, thus preventing further damage. Additionally, it comes in packs of varying units, right from 2 to 12, making it more affordable as the number of jars per pack increases.
- Industrial strength hand healer helps heal and soothe dry, chapped, cracked hands
- Road-tested by golfers, carpenters and chefs, this hard-working hand cream repairs tough, calloused skin
- Long lasting moisture, absorbs quickly
Fortified with vitamins A and E and developed specifically for dry, chapped, or cracked hands, this hand healer boasts a rich and non-greasy formula. Among its ingredients is the macadamia nut, which softens and moisturizes the skin, and eucalyptus, which is known for its antibacterial and healing properties.
With a non-greasy, quick-absorbing formula that repairs dry skin, gently exfoliates sensitive skin, and softens rough areas, this advanced repair hand crème from Eucerin is also a product recommended by dermatologists. The cream is particularly effective at alleviating dryness caused by eczema.
- 2.7-ounce tube of hand cream
- Restores and strengthens dry, fragile skin
- Fortifying southernwood extract helps fortify the skin's moisture barrier
Fortified with southernwood extracts that restore hydration to dry skin and strengthen brittle or fragile bits, this cream from Aveeno has been proven to be effective as a deep moisturizer for 24 hours. Additionally, it is recommended by dermatologists and safe to use on sensitive skin.
- This hand and cuticle saver, helps to smooth and restore dry, cracked and chapped skin.
- Passion Fruit and Shea Butter help to soften your hands
- Allure 2016 Best of Beauty Award Winner!
Enriched with the goodness of coconut, passion fruit, and shea butter, all of which come together to create a powerful softening agent, this hand and cuticle cream from Yes To isn’t just another ordinary beauty product. It’s the winner of the Allure 2016 Best of Beauty award, and its non-greasy, moisturizing, and protective formula is a testimony to how well-deserved the win was.
- Unique restorative cream moisturizes and nourishes through a blend of glycerin, vitamin E, aloe vera, almond oil and...
- Camille Beckman's signature cashmere powdered floral scent with notes of iris and pink carnations
- Provides a protective barrier against harsh conditions
This exquisite hand therapy cream from Camille Beckman is enriched with a well-thought-out blend of glycerin, vitamin E, aloe vera, almond oil, and botanical extracts. The blend is scented with the brand’s signature fragrance of cashmere powdered floral tones, with a hint of pink carnations and iris.
- HAND CREAM: Give your hands the break they deserve with this rich, naturally moisturizing Burt's Bees Hand Cream that...
- MOISTURIZER CREAM: This lotion for dry skin not only moisturizers, but it gently exfoliates with a natural Fruit Acid...
- NATURAL LOTION: Baobab Oil, Watermelon Seed Oil, Pumpkin Oil and Green Tea extract shield rough, hard-working skin in...
Fortified with a natural fruit acid complex that not only hydrates the skin but also exfoliates it, this hand cream from Burt’s Bees is tested and approved by dermatologists. Its hypoallergenic formulation includes natural ingredients like baobab oil, watermelon seed oil, pumpkin oil, and green tea extracts.
This balm from L’Occitane is developed using a mix of moisturizing and skin-friendly ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil, almond extracts, and honey. The product is extremely gentle on sensitive skin and can be applied as frequently as you wish to use it, with no adverse effects.
- 2-ounce tube of fragrance-free Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream works to hydrate and moisturize hands, delivering...
- This hand moisturizing cream is dermatologist-recommended and features a unique formula with concentrated levels of...
- Specially formulated for dry skin, the unique Norwegian formula of our rough hand cream is fragrance-free and clinically...
Developed by dermatologists and equipped with a formulation that locks in the moisture for up to 24 hours straight, this hand cream from Neutrogena is effective at healing cracked and dry skin. It’s also a good night cream that can be applied to the feet as well as the hands.
- It helps to deeply replenish moisture and improve skin's firmness
- Long-lasting hydration
- It provides all day hydration making it ideal for daily use
A blend of shea butter and natural oils gives this hand and cuticle cream the potency to transform dry and damaged skin on the hands. The cream provides long-lasting moisture and protects the hands and cuticles from further damage.
Taking into consideration several factors like the effectiveness of the product, the quality of its ingredients, the ease of use, and the time taken to deliver results, it’s evident that the hand cream from O’Keeffe’s is the best hand lotion among the ten products we’ve selected. The hand cream from Neutrogena follows as a close second and is particularly ideal for people with eczema. Alternatively, if your budget is a little flexible, you can opt for the hand therapy cream from Camille Beckman. It may be a tad expensive, but it transforms the skin on your hands and makes it softer and more elegant.